Pine Valley Special Services District Meeting (PVSSD): Minutes of the Meeting held on November 28, 2018

Attending Board Members:  Mary Esther Putnam, Chairwoman; John Nichols, Bob Dalley and Allen Cannon

Also Present:  Steve Shakespeare, Fire Chief; Rick Peetz, Treasurer; Rachel Carignan, Secretary

Absent:  Dave Codding

Guest:  Frank Davie, Ford Northington, Herman Nordbruch and Larry Gardner

General Business

Mary Esther called the meeting to order at 6:00 pm.  Bob led the prayer, and Steve led the Pledge of Allegiance.

The minutes of the October 3, 2018 meeting were read by each Board Member.  Bob motioned to accept the minutes.  Allen seconded the motion, and all were in favor.

Building Permits to Review

There were no building permits to review.  Steve mentioned that the new house being built above Sydney Izatt needs a designated road.  He had talked to the County Inspector about this matter.  It is a county road and needs to be improved up to the house with a turn around for a firetruck.  He will follow up on this.  Allen offered to talk with the inspector.

Board Member Reports

Bob asked Larry if he had anything to report concerning the water in the valley.  Larry reported in the last week they had worked on a spring and were able to repair it.  Larry will continue to report information to us about water in the valley.

Fire Chief Report

Steve went over the seven incidents in the last month.  He also helped a young man who had locked himself out of his car.  Larry asked about the house fire we had earlier in the month.  Steve reported he had talked to the State Fire Marshall about the fire and they were unable to determine the cause of the fire.  Steve brought up the fire hydrant situation in the Valley.  Lloyd Canyon is his main concern.  He is requesting that next year we put in 15 new fire hydrants.  Steve will bring a map to the next meeting showing where he suggests the new hydrants are needed.

Rick presented the proposed budget for 2019.  It was asked if we should raise the Residential Fee Assessments to match inflation or to leave it as is for next year.  It was decided to leave it as is for next year.  Steve estimated $75,000 for 15 new fire hydrants.  Allen made a motion to approve an allocation of up to $75,000 for the new fire hydrants, Bob seconded, and all were in favor of the proposal.  The Local District Board was asked if the amount they received last year was sufficient for law enforcement.  They agreed and asked for enough to buy the two radar signs they voted to buy.  The rest of the budget was discussed and will be ready for the meeting next week.

Treasurer Report

Rick read and explained the “Profit and Loss Sheet” dated October 2018, the “Profit and Loss Detail Sheet” dated October 2018, the “Profit and Loss Budget vs. Actual Sheet” dated January through October 2018, the “Balance Sheet Previous Year Comparison” dated As of October 31, 2018, the Edith Green Fund “Profit and Loss Sheet” dated January 1 through November 6, 2018 and the Edith Green Fund “Balance Sheet” dated As of October 31, 2018.  Also, the “PVSSD Impact Fee Schedule, Revenues on Hand Sheet” for the year ending December 31, 2018.  Financials were motioned by Allen, seconded by John and all were in favor.

John motioned to adjourn at 7:15 pm. Allen seconded and all were in favor.

The next scheduled PVSSD meeting will be December 5, 2018 at 6:00 pm.