Pine Valley Special Service District Meeting (PVSSD): Minutes of the Meeting held On September 5, 2012

Attending Members: Mary Esther Putnam (Chair); Dall Winn; Jeff Gardner; Spence Beckstrom; John Nichols

Also Present: Gerald Schiefer (Fire Chief); George Cropper (Treasurer); Beverly Udell (Secretary)

Guests: Fred Pendleton; Ray Lindblom; Violet Esparza; Kirk Smith; Guin Winn; Fermin Esparza


1.  General Business:

a/b. Welcome – Meeting was opened by Mary Esther (Chair) at 6:00. Dall led the Pledge.

c. Minutes: There were no Minutes to be reviewed do to computer repair. The Minutes will be forwarded to next month’s meeting.

d. Pine Valley Building Permits Reviewed:  According to Mary Esther, Kevin Keyes is building something huge on his property. Has anyone signed a Building Permit for him? The answer was no. Someone from the Board will check into that. Don Herman is also back to building – does he have a permit this time?


 e. Board Member Reports -

Dall: Has spoken to Jeff Gardner at the Brandin’ Iron about hosting the Firemen’s Appreciation dinner there. He received a menu, which looks like it is close to the regular B.I. pricing, but Jeff offered a 20% discount. The cost for the dinner will be roughly $1200. We need to decide on a date – how about Wednesday, October 10? Gerlad would also like to invite Lee Bracken (Enterprise Mayor) and Ty March (Enterprise Fire Chief). We had 96 call-outs last year, so we all firmly believe that our volunteer firefighters and EMTs should be appreciated. Beverly will send out the invitations.

Mary Esther:  There is Special Service District training on November 7,8 and 9 in Midvale. Who will go? Dall and Jeff will check to see if either one of them can attend that training.

Spence: Still waiting on the County to do their part in fixing the two cattle guards.

John: N/A

Jeff: Spoke with Kevin Keyes about the letter he sent us regarding work with the County to get a “rural exception” for not having to put curbs and gutters in. Jeff will get back with Kevin and ask him to come to a PVSSD meeting to explain. Is the County also requiring street lights? We would also like to know Kevin’s criteria. If we do not have a storm system for gutter water to go into, what good are the gutters? If they make us have curbs and gutters, the nest thing will be sidewalks and then paved roads. Then we will be just like the city. * Jeff said that the County has done a bit of work in P.V., but he is not sure if they are finished. The 4-wheeler riders sure loved the grater piles!

f. Fire Chief – Gerald (see report). We had 26 call-outs in the last month, eight this month. * Dall asked if traffic was bad on Main Street over the Labor Day weekend – to which Gerald responded that if he would have known 30 years ago when he moved here that we would have this much problem with ATVs, he wouldn’t have ever moved her. Kirk Smith said that the sheriff’s didn’t have any of their deputy’s sign up for overtime, which meant that we did not get the coverage we had contracted for.

g. Treasurer Report – George (see report).  We have so far received $5032 in impact fees this year.

2 –   Public Comments:  N/A

Dall moved to adjourn at 6:40 p.m. All were in favor. The next Board meeting will be held on Wednesday, October 3, 2012 at 6:00 P.M.