Pine Valley Special Service District Meeting (PVSSD): Minutes of the Meeting held On November 11, 2009

Attending Members: Mary Esther Putnam (Chair); John Nichols; Spence Beckstrom;

Jeff Gardner

Also Present: George Cropper (Treasurer); Beverly Udell (Secretary).

Guests:  Ray Lindblom; Ed Anderson; Duane Krohn

Absent: Dall Winn; Gerald Schiefer (Fire Chief)


1.  General Business:

a/b. Welcome – Meeting was opened by Mary Esther (Co-Chair) at 5:07 PM and the Pledge of Allegiance was said.

c. Minutes – Beverly accidentally left the previous meetings Minutes at home, so they will review at the December meeting.

d. Pine Valley Building Permits Reviewed:  N/A 

e. 2010 Tentative Budget Review: George wanted everyone to review the budget that he has proposed (see report) for 2010.  If the tentative is approved, then he will place an ad in the Spectrum telling that the Budget Hearing will take place in December.  George’s report showed that the PVSSD has done very well with its money in 2009.  Spence motioned to go forward with the tentative 2010 budget, Jeff seconded that motion and all were in favor. * George then went on to give his recording of the regular monthly Treasurer’s report (see report).  * The Sheriff’s office has been paid for 2009.  JMI is now also paid in full. George is still holding bonds for JMI.  Everyone agreed that it would be good to continue to hold them until the few remaining things on the addition are fixed (lights, locks, etc.) * George confirmed that his phone number was in the telephone directory as contact for the Pine Valley Special Service District. He will call the phone company and have his number added for the Local Administrative District. * Utah Association of Special Districts conference was the first week of November.  No one from our Board went this year. * George discussed some different options for updating the insurance on the building and contents. Spence suggested going with the high end coverage out of the options that George shared.  George will also check into what the costs would be to have “replacement value” insurance, instead of the kind we have now which is depreciated value.  * As discussed at the last meeting, George and Beverly are bonded for the PVSSD.  George will need to be bonded for the PVLAD as well.  Beverly will not because she doesn’t handle any of the money for PVLAD.

f. Board Member Reports:

Mary Esther: Wrote a “thank you” note to Gilbert and Leslie Jennings.

Jeff: N/A

Spence:  Mary Esther has not yet received any information on Impact Fees (and the possible raising of thereof), however she has pulled off of her computer the old resolutions regarding those fees.  Spence will speak with Dave Patterson to see of he can explain the new laws regarding Impact Fees. * Spence will also check with Dave to see if we an find out more information about trailer living in Pine Valley.

John:  Construction has really gone well in the Forestry camping areas.  The ‘Dean Gardner’ campsite is awesome – just beautiful.  There is not a snow hill build yet.  Beverly expressed her worries about the new snow hill.  She is afraid that it will attract even more traffic to Pine Valley because word will get out that the Forestry Department built a hill just for sledding. * Signs for road closured due to snow need to be in place before the snow flies. * John expressed his frustration at the road repairs on the road coming up from Central.  He felt it was very poorly done.  PILT (Payment in lieu of taxes) paid for the road to be done. If anyone agrees with John, they should plan to attend a meeting at 4:45 on November 17, put on by the Special Transportation District.  The public should come and address their concerns about the resurfacing of the road.

g. Fire Chief – John read the Fire Chief’s report (Gerald was in Salt Lake for EMT training.) (See report.)  The Board approved $1200 to send fire personnel to the January Winter Fire School.  Spence motioned for that approval, Jeff seconded and all else were in favor.


2 –   Public Comments: N/A


Spence moved for the meeting to adjourn at 6:20.  All were in favor.


The next Board meeting will be held on Wednesday, December 2, 2009 at 5:00 P.M.