Pine Valley Special Service District Meeting (PVSSD): Minutes of the Meeting held On March 10, 2010

Attending Members: Mary Esther Putnam (Chair); John Nichols; Dall Winn; Spence Beckstrom Also Present: George Cropper (Treasurer);

Guests:  Jeff Gardner

Absent: Gerald Schiefer (Fire Chief); Beverly Udell (Secretary)

Guests: Fermin and Vi Esparza; Guin Winn;

1.  General Business:

a/b. Welcome – Meeting was opened by Mary Esther (Chair) at 5:00 PM and the Pledge of Allegiance was said.

c. Meeting Minutes for January 13 and February 3, 2010 were read by each Board member. John moved to accept the January 13th Minutes as written. Dall seconded and all else were in favor.  Dall moved to accept the February 3rd Minutes as written, Spence did the second and all else were in favor.

Some occurred about the amount of snowfall we have had in Pine Valley.

d. Pine Valley Building Permits Reviewed:  N/A 

f. Board Member Reports:

Mary Esther:

John:  There was a reported snow slide across the road to the Pine Valley reservoir.

Dall: Dall discussed a meeting that he, Spence and John had with Bevin Kilpack (Forest Ranger) regarding the cattle trespass issue in Pine Valley. The Forest Service is not going to pressure the permit holders.  If the people of Pine Valley want something done about the cattle, it sound like it is up to us to do it. Permit holders are responsible to maintain a section of fence, so this remains confusing as to why it is up to the townspeople. We can see no solution except to be vigilant. Bevin said he would provide the material for fence repair. Spence wondered if we could get the Forest Service to define exactly where the problems are, then we could get the material to fix the fencing from them and go do the actually labor part ourselves. Many residents are willing to help. John will continue to work with Bevin. Forest Service phone numbers can be placed in the Post Office for those needing to call them. * Dall then brought up the situation for a few of the P.V. residents who are receiving two annual bills because they have 2 pieces of adjoining property that both structures on them.  The residents are only wanting to pay the fee once, not the double fee which they are now required to pay. We also are aware that there are probably other owners in this same situation of needing to pay for two, but we might not be aware of them because of recent additions of the second building. Mary Esther will get with Beverly to decide how this best will be handled. * There were 10 fire/EMT personnel who had their annual fee waived this year under our new bi-law of rewarding the fire/EMT personnel who go above and beyond in their volunteer service to the Department.

Spence: Discussed the possible paving of the roads in Pine Valley. It would cost $10 per running foot of frontage road for about 10 year, which equals $500,000-$600,000. It is way too expensive, so will not pursue further. Spence also mention that if we had a Community Impact Board, they could possibly write grants to request funding help for paving.

g. Fire Chief – Dall reported for Gerald (see report). Discussed the possible purchase of a snow blower for next snow season. We authorized Jim Soltis to get some fuel reimbursement for plowing around the fire station. We will ask the County Road Dept to also plow around the fire station. * Discussed the opening of 3rd West to give better access to the LaMar Terry home.

h. Treasurer Report – George (see report).  ISO Fire Inspection is scheduled for March 25 and 26.

2 –   Public Comments: N/A


Spence moved to adjourn at 5:45.  Dall seconded the motion. All were in favor. The next Board meeting will be held on Wednesday, April 7, 2010 at 5:00 P.M.