Pine Valley Special Service District Meeting (PVSSD): Minutes of the Meeting held On December 2, 2009

Attending Members: Mary Esther Putnam (Chair); John Nichols; Dall Winn

Also Present: George Cropper (Treasurer); Beverly Udell (Secretary).

Guests:  Guin Winn

Absent: Spence Beckstrom; Jeff Gardner; Gerald Schiefer (Fire Chief)


1.  General Business:

a/b. Welcome – Meeting was opened by Mary Esther (Chair) at 5:00 PM and the Pledge of Allegiance was said.

c. Minutes – Minutes from the meetings of October 7 and November 11, 2009 were read by each board member.  Dall motioned to accept the Minutes as written, John seconded the motion and all else were in favor.

d. Pine Valley Building Permits Reviewed:  N/A 

e. 2010 Budget: George went over the proposed budget, stating that after he conferred with the accountant, he needed to tweek the budget slightly from what was proposed at the last meeting (see reports).  Mary Esther opened the budget hearing.  The only comment from the audience was that Guin loved the proposed budget.  John motioned to accept the budget for 2010, including the changes.  Dall seconded that motion and all else were in favor.

f. Board Member Reports:

Mary Esther: N/A

John:  N/A

Dall: Gave Spence’s report on Impact Fees, which was research from other small towns in Washington County to see how they were handling their Impact Fee Structure.  One example from the Southwest District (encompassing Diamond Valley and Winchester Hills), seemed like the best fit for our needs as well.  John recommended a note for “Any attached building that requires a Washington County Building Permit” to be added to our Impact Fee wording.  The Board also talked about some price structure recommendations.  This will now all go before Dave Patterson (County Attorney) for another revue. * Dall once again brought up the possibility of waving the $150.00 annual fee for active fire and ET personnel.  He stated that there would need to be some sort of attendance stipulation that went along with this, of which he would confer with Gerald to see what they both thought would be appropriate.  Dall feels very strongly that this is just a small token of a way to show our gratitude to the volunteers who give so much.  Dall then motioned to accept this into PVSSD policy,  John seconded the motion.  It passed with a unanimous vote.

g. Fire Chief – (see report). Special notes on #5 & #6 of the report, which deal with the bonds that we are still retaining for JMI.  A door needs to still be fixed on the building, as well as the rear light. Dall will call Jennings and ask that those items be repaired. * Beverly suggested that there be an outside light placed on the Post Office for safety reasons.  Since the Post Office was moved, it is now more in the shadows at night and it is very dark at the door.  Everyone conferred that a light was a needed item.  John said that he would call John Lee to have a light installed. * #2 on the Fire Chief’s report concerned a road sign in Central and possible road closures due to snow.  There are still bugs to work out before something like that is installed.  Mary Esther will call Ron to discuss this.

h. Treasurer Report – (see report).  There was not any income for November.


2 –   Public Comments: N/A


Dall moved for the meeting to adjourn at 5:35.  All were in favor.

The next Board meeting will be held on Wednesday, January 6, 2010 at 5:00 P.M.