Pine Valley Special Service District Meeting (PVSSD): Minutes of the Meeting held On April 15, 2009

Attending Members: Mary Esther Putnam (Chair); Dall Winn; Spence Beckstrom; Jeff Gardner

Also Present: Gerald Schiefer (Fire Chief); George Cropper (Treasurer); Beverly Udell (Secretary).

Guests:  Fred Pendleton; Guinn Winn; Kevin Keyes

Absent: John Nichols


1.  General Business:

a/b. Welcome – Mary Esther at 5:00 PM and the Pledge of Allegiance was said.

c.  Pine Valley Building Permits Reviewed:  Kevin Keys for 324 Ponderosa Cir.  His address and phone are 301 W. Country Club Dr., Henderson, NV  89015, 702-565-2707 and 702-610-8729.

d. Bids for Fire House Extension – There was an open meeting for bids today at the County Commission Office on Tabernacle in St. George.  We received 4 bids.  The highest was $283,100 (Zarn) and the lowest was $186,345 (JMI).  The others were $229,000 (Nichols) and 208,500 (S&S).  The bid from JMI Construction is all inclusive, except for outside water pipe installation.  This company was also the original engineers.  If there are any changes later, they will have to submit those to the Board for approval prior to acting on them.  The start time will be approx. May 1, with an end time of Sept. 1, 2009.  The motion by Spence was to award JMI Construction the contract.  Dall seconded that motion and all else were in favor.  Dall will make arrangements to have JMI sign the contract. Dall asked Beverly to get letters written for the contractors who did were not awarded the contract, letting them know that they did not win the bidding.  Their bond money and other items will be returned to them as well.

e. Budget Amendment – see George’s report.  * George will meet with Village Bank to get the appropriate jargon for a loan.  So far we have approx. $45,000 in Impact Fees which we can use for the building addition.  Village Bank has the cheapest interest rate.  Spence motioned to pursue the loan.  Dall seconded that motion, and all were in favor  The Village Bank would like us to open some type of account with them, so we will place the accounts for the Local Admin. District with them.


Spence moved for the meeting to adjourn at 5:50.  All were in favor.


The next Board meeting will be held on Wednesday, May 6, 2008 at 5:00 P.M.