MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF NOVEMBER 7, 2000
Minutes of the Pine Valley Special Service District Board of Directors meeting held on November 7, 2000 at 5:00 p.m. in the Pine Valley Fire Station, Pine Valley, Utah.
Members present: Chairman Ted Snow; Ron Snow; David Despain. Members not present: Vicki Frei; Judd Burgess.
Also present: Dall Winn, Pine Valley Fire Chief; Julie Cropper, Board Secretary; George Cropper.
The meeting was called to order at 5:05 pm. The minutes of the July 4, 2000 meeting were read and accepted.
Fire Chief Dall Winn presented an update on department activitiesl during the summer that included:
- Department responded to 4 fires and should be reimbursed $1424.00 for out-of-jurisdiction calls.
- We still are operating 9 pagers. The pager/siren system required repair late this summer.
- All of the trucks successfully passed an annual pressure test. We now have foam capability for the Military truck.
- Next training will be held November 11, 2000. Dall is color-coding handles and controls on each truck to help clarify the various engine operations.
- We are looking for a used/donation crew-cab type vehicle to transport firefighters safely.
A draft budget for the year 2001 was reviewed and the overall income and expense situation was discussed. The figures were approved for further consideration at the public budget meeting in December.
The Secretary was asked to review alternatives to invest the District's funds in more productive, but approved accounts and report at a future meeting.
The level of pay for the Secretary was discussed. Ron Snow moved and dave Despain seconded a motion to have the Secretary develop a proposal to be further discussed. Motion carried.
The next meeting was scheduled to be held in St. George on December 5, 2000 to take public comment and establish and approve a budget for the year 2001.
Ron Snow presented and Dave Despain seconded a motion to adjourn. Motion carried and the meeting was adjourned at 6:00 pm.
All materials on these pages not otherwise credited are either Most recent revision Sunday July 7, 2002
public domain or © 2000, 2001, 2002 &ff, Pine Valley Special Service District
Most recent revision Sunday July 7, 2002